The testing capabilities of High-Power Laboratory, especially high-current tests at low voltages (short-circuit current and breaking capacity), make it unique in the Republic of Croatia.
Laboratory Center of KONČAR – Electrical Engineering Institute is accredited by the Croatian Accreditation Agency (HAA) in accordance with HRN EN ISO/IEC 17025 for the scope of tests specified in the Accreditation Certificate No. 1035 and the scope of calibration specified in the Accreditation Certificate No. 2057, covered by EA-MLA.
Development, type and special tests of:
- HV and LV switching devices and fuses
- Installation switching devices
- Connection accessories for industrial applications and joint equipment for transmission lines
- MV and LV switchgear and controlgear,
- Metal-enclosed busbars
- Instrument and distribution power transformers etc.
in accordance with valid national and international standards (HRN, EN, IEC, GOST, etc.).
Short-time Withstand Tests
- Short-circuit withstand tests of LV, MV and HV switching devices, switchgear and controlgear, current transformers and other electrical
- Short-time current tests of distribution power transformers.
- Breaking capacity tests of LV switching devices
- Breaking capacity tests of LV fuses and 1-pole switching devices
- Short-circuit tests of LV switching devices for determination of arc energy and let-through specific energy i²t
- Tests of arc propagation effects on parts and compartments during short-circuit in switchgear and controlgear, especially explosion-proof ones
- Complete type tests of switch disconnectors, motor and control switches, and fuses
- Tests of characteristics of releases, bimetallic overload, and electromechanical relays
- Tests of characteristics of vacuum switching devices
- Tests of characteristics of electromagnets
- Temperature-rise tests of switching devices, switchgear, controlgear and other devices